Monday, August 3, 2009

Thanks!

Meredith, thanks for creating this blog! I love seeing ideas we could all benefit from transform into reality.

I'm Chris, currently working seven days a week at two jobs in Juneau, Alaska, where I've spent the past 7 summers visiting my mother here (I grew up and went to high school in the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA). I was planning to WWOOF in South America for a while, but recently, since I have to buy groceries for myself here, my interest was rekindled because...buying healthy food cheaply is hard! Do I cut costs and buy the sketchy product, or pay extra for something guaranteed to be high quality? I want to learn more about food, because I'm realizing how little I know.
I'm also looking to learn more about radio stations, how they work, potentially intern for an independent station that plays good music? Know any radio internships?
And let me ask, too: who has an official or unofficial reading list for their gap year? If we could compile them in some way, it would be incredibly interesting.
Finally, I'm hoping to see if it's possible to work with/meet two authors I like, Douglas Hofstadter and/or William Upski Wimsatt. So I hope to contact them, see if I could find a place to stay near where they work, unofficially intern for them. It's a crazy long shot but worth a try.

I hope everyone's having a wonderful summer, and I'll see you next fall, but I'd better hear from you before then :]

No comments:

Post a Comment