Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A better introduction

I thought I would introduce myself more thoroughly, since the two lines of information I previously provided were pretty lame compared to what everyone else has posted.  I'll be living with a host family in Egypt (on the West Bank of the Suez Canal...my sister tells her friends I'm going to live on the West Bank, she just doesn't specify which one).  While in Egypt, I'll continue studying Arabic in language classes, and I'll be enrolled at a high school there (which I imagine will be quite different from my U.S. school--I can't wait to take history classes, in particular).  I also hope to do some form of service.  My interest in Arabic began last summer, when I spend two months studying in Jordan, which was an amazing experience.  I leave at the end of August and I get back at the end of June.

I can't wait to hear more about all of your experiences, whether they parallel mine or take a totally different path.  To paraphrase the wise Bill and Ted, this is going to be a most excellent adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment